Improving and managing processes in a company
The purpose of the workshops is to discuss one of the fundamentals of effective business operations, that is: optimizing and managing processes, as well as to present success drivers in building and implementing a system meeting company’s individual needs.
During the first part of the training the participants have the opportunity to learn how to approach process improvement taking into consideration similarities and differences in approaches to manufacturing environment, service environment and value stream management.
The workshops cover such topics as:
- process mapping (methods of mapping – Value Stream, SIPOC, as well as presenting systems used for mapping such as ARIS, MEGA, Visio),
- analysing and identifying process inefficiencies (e.g. possible types of bottlenecks, possible methods of analysis such as DILO – Day in Life Of, effective employment of root cause analysis),
- introducing changes to processes aimed at improving Customer satisfaction (internal and external) as well as identifying Customer needs (based on e.g. KANO method),
- introducing changes to assignment of responsibility and accountability in processes (RACI),
- developing model indices (financial, operational, and development indices) making it possible to monitor whether the implemented changes are executed according to plan and the expected business gains achieved (based on tools such as Balanced scorecard),
- visual management,
- end-to-end process management and related communication issues,
- changes to organisational structure supporting process changes (based on e.g. Span of Control analysis),
- designing effective workplace (e.g. 5S method), developing clear operating procedures,
- common methodologies used in process management (such as Lean management, Six Sigma, BPM).
In the second part of the workshops the coaches, experienced change management practitioners, discuss issues related to change management, or more broadly behavioural aspects related to process management as key elements determining effective and above all lasting improvement.
The following areas are presented:
- corporate culture, especially the position of formal and informal leaders and their role in a modern organisation,
- principles of effective internal communication,
- effective follow-up on process improvement when the optimisation project has been finished, which requires building specific competencies among employees already while executing the project.
Strategy – success of your company
Trainings organised by our company are a solid guarantee of professionalism. Our competitive advantage stems from the fact that our expertise is supported by over 20-year hands-on experience, which ensures reliable theoretical guidance as well as practical teaching based on real-life examples. If you are looking for high quality, choose trainings with our consultancy Smart Solutions. This is what we can offer.